Friday, October 31, 2008

Peranakan Musuem 05-10-2008

Some of you might not know actually i am like a quarter Peranakan?. Both my maternal and paternal grandmother are Peranakan, that why when i was young, when my grandmothers are still around, I am influence by Peranakan culture. My maternal grandmother is Teochew Peranankan while my paternal grandmother is Javanese Peranakan. For special occasion, my grandmothers, aunties and my mum will dress in Sarong Kebaya and some of my uncles will dress in Batik shirt. My mum and dad speak Malay fluently.

Visited Peranakan Museum with my family and we saw the shop there selling some of the Perananka accessories for like 400, 700 bucks which my mum and dad also have. We were shocked! We did not know that those items such as belts, shoes worth so much. I have a bead shoe custom made when i was young, have been asking my mum for it, doubt i can wear it now.






^Can you see me?

^Me, Keon and my new Escada shades sponsor by my mummy

^My sis snatched my shades!!!

^My cute cute Kiern














No comments: