Thursday, May 28, 2009

Missing Ah Yin

Yesterday I went to a wake of someone that I respect dearly. I called her ah yin, just like how her own grandchildren called her. She's my cousin mother-in-law, we are not related yet she plays an important role in my early stage of life, she treated me like her own grandchildren. She took care of me for 3 years...

I was staying at my cousin house when I was 4 to 6 years old because my parents were working, they do not have the time to take care of me so I was sent to stay in my cousin house during the weekdays and I will only get to see my parents during the weekend.

Though memories of her is now very vague but she is someone that I will think of at times. Even though we dun get to see each other much after I started primary school but she will always hold a special place in my heart. I was excited to see her during CNY. Last year CNY was the last time I saw her. She was happy that I was pregnant and asked the gender of my baby. I told her its boy again then she said that I looked so pretty should be girl and she keep saying should be girl so I said ya I also hope the doc made a mistake.

This year CNY I was looking forward to see her too, I want her to see my baby Keon, I waited for a couple of hours at our CNY meeting point this year but in the end I left before she comes. I had told hubby before I always feel very thankful towards my cousin Jenny, ah yin and their family, they gave me a happy childhood.

Even though ah yin had passed on, I will still remember her as a great lady filled with love and someone I respected and regretted not caring much....

No comments: