Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Being a young mum

Feeling very emotional just now. I was watching a show on channel 8, it is a documentary show. The production group actually film 2 pair of parents-to-be right up to the birth of their child. One of the couple are young couple, think the guy is doing his NS while the girl is still studying in poly. I actually cried while watching it, tomorrow is the day where exactly 2 years ago I was in their shoes. Its not easy to give birth, the looks on both of the mother face just make me cried, they are so "wei da", all mothers are. Some who ever watched the show might said they looked ugly during labour but to me, that's the look of great sacrifice, courage and love. Guys will never understand the process.

Watching the 2 mother in labour really reminds me of my labour. I really regret not filming it on video cam because I do not know what actually happen down under me, haha, I only know I am in pain pain pain. My labour was more like the other mum not the young one as the young one opt for epidural(painkiller)while the older one chose not to so as to experience the whole process of giving birth. For those who do not know, if mummy opt for epidural which will be administrated around your lower spine they might not know when to push the baby out as they can't feel it due to the fact that their lower body will be numb. I chose to go "epiduraless" to experience the whole birth process and I never regret though the whole process is like hell but the "award" you get from this experience is priceless and there is no words to describe the moment you hold on and hug the "award".

It's seem like yesterday where I hold on to my "award". Watching the show, I felt so lucky that my labour only lasted 6 hours, the labour for both mum in the show lasted about 13hours. 6 hours to me is already like forever, can't imagine if my labour last 13 hours. You guys can read my birth story at ---> Birth Story. My baby will be 2 tomorrow and I am more excited than him... He is one of my greatest achievement in life, because of him, I am able to see my future, because of him, I am able to set my goals, because of him, I have tried to become a better person. He is my strength in life.

Being a young mum had never been easy for me but I am very lucky. Lucky to have my supporting family, my in-laws, they are one of the most wonderful people I ever met without their support, life would be even harder and of course my friends. With my hubby starting a good stable job, life had never been better. A few people had been asking me when will I think of a second baby, haha, if possible of course now, haha but I can't as 1. hubby just started working, let him settle in with his new job first, 2. I need to finsih my poly first, 3. need to buy a flat first 4. savings savings savings. So at the mean time I shall enjoy all my time with my precious, Kiern first. I love Kiern!!! Muacks!!!

No comments: