Saturday, September 09, 2006

News of the week


Twos news I would like to highlights:
1. Protest to make Chen Shui Bian quit.

Today is the first day of protest with Taiwanese wearing red walking towards the place near the White House, the plan was to sit there and protest for one week. Taiwanese are known to be very involved in their politics and they believed in their each individual rights aka demoncratics. The scale of the protest really open my eyes. Estimated 300,000 Taiwanese was there. I was watching the news on cables tv and was glue on it. I wonder if the protesters can really last for 1 week.

^ pic courtesy of Taipei Time

^pic courtesy of Taipei Time


2. Steve Irwin

The most talked news this week. Kinda shock when I first knew the news. I was in school attending java cert then I was surfing Yahoo! Initially the news report were saying the victim was suspected to be Steve Irwin but after a while the next news article confirm it was him. Then I told ah bao who was sitting beside about the news. Although Australia Prime Minister offer a state funeral but it was rejected as Steve Irwin father said he would want to be remember as a ordinary guy. Indeed he is a ordinary guy with a extraordinary life.

^In Memories...

No comments: